Wednesday 5 September 2007

Moving On...

Ok, I know. I've been too slack with the updating.

Quick rundown of my life in Sydney:

  • Working in the Entertainment Quarter which was great. Worked with lovely people and had some big nights out with a couple of the girls from there. Worked on reception mainly and I can say without prejudice that generally speaking, Australian women are RUDE on the phone! (No offense to any of the fabulous Aussie girls I know and love, who are always sweet and polite!)
  • On that note... met some lovely new people. Not that many, but the ones I did meet and befriend were Quality :)
  • Went to Trivia every Tuesday... awesome. Nerdy, but awesome.
  • Watched too much reality tv.
  • Bitched about the weather (this country is cold and doesn't even realise it)
  • Didn't swim in the sea - it's scary!
  • Did all the main touristy things.
  • Ate lots of yummy food - I'll never be able to enjoy a meal in any other country. The food over here is unbelievable yumyumyumyumyum.
  • Abstained from shopping (until yesterday) which is difficult because there's a great fashion scene over here.
  • Got my hair cut short! (well a bit shorter...)
Leaving Sydney tomorrow. I'm a bit sad about it because I've settled in here now. But it's good to be leaving and on the move again. More adventures to be had in the big wide world.
Visiting Uluru first and then on to Perth, for who knows how long....? Might come back to Sydney, might not...

Still missing all my lovely people back home - getting a few homesick pangs lately. Nothing serious though! It'll all be over too soon and I'll be back home before I know it.

Lots of love,

Jen

xxx

No comments: