Thursday 13 September 2007

Post Sydney Post

Sydney is now a place of the past for me... for a while anyway.

I left early on Thursday morning last week and set off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) with Sherene and Susan. It was beautiful there. The weather was lovely - very hot and dry - and the rocks were stunning.

Arrived in Perth on Monday afternoon to glorious sunshine and heat. Sadly it was not to last and it was pouring rain the next morning (and is still damp and cold even now). Perth is small and quiet. I think it's probably the type of place that is best enjoyed in the warm weather. The WA Museum and the Art Gallery here are both great though. I've started to really appreciate Aboriginal culture and art much more since I left Sydney... not much of it to be found in the Eastern Suburbs :)

I'm off to Fremantle today and will stay there for a couple of nights before I head on down to Bunbury and then on to the Margaret River. Been thinking about taking a trip up to Broome, but that might have to wait until I earn a bit more money!

xxxx

No comments: